Re: Yankee Broadcasts

Said Bob Nelson:

>There must be exceptions. I'm sure the Toronto Blue
>Jays have an affiliate in Windsor,Ontario, just across
>from Detroit....

How sure are you, Bob? :-)

According to the list at www.bluejays.com, the closest
affiliates to Windsor are CJBK 1290 in London and CHOK 1070
in Sarnia, only the latter of which puts any signal at all (and
not a great one!) over Detroit.

However, the Jays *do* have an extensive network in Saskatchewan
and Manitoba.

Their one US affiliate in 1999?  WKNW, Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan.
(The Tigers are on WSOO in Sault Ste. Marie -- and have just one
Canadian affiliate, CFPL 980 in London).

-s