Re: WROR

In a message dated 10/6/99 6:30:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mmkc@email.msn.com writes:

<< but has anyone else noticed a more fuller sounding WROR
 since the new identity began?  Have they tweaked the format AND the audio
 chain at the same time or is my car radio just sounding better these days >>

marc,

    for what it's worth, it sounds the same in the senheisers i use in the
studio.  there was talk that a sideband mitter was coming off the 105.7 stick
and would add an estimated 6k erp to the signal.  don't know if that has
occured yet or not.  (apparently it was a fairbanks lease deal for a skypager
system: stock updates or some such thing)  i know that i'm anxiously awaiting
to see what the signal sounds like when the sideband is removed.  right now,
i can share Loren&Wally In The Morning with the gang from WXRV once i get
around kennebunk on the drive north in the mornings.  there are nice skywave
days when i can get WROR like a local rolling into portland on 295.
it might just be that the list has a few added tunes that we've not played
before and are real ear-candy.  (Sweet Baby James by James Taylor for one...)
 many of the songs are ones that we've played in rotation previously and have
been put back in.
keep listening.  and tell your friends.  thanks.

- -Chuck Igo