Re: Traffic

Actually, the Feds simply did not want breaks in the two-digit highway system. (Someone from Iowa or some such going up I-95 from RI would get to Canton and see no sigh for I-95 North anywhere, and unless they were a ggod map reader would likely not be aware that I-95 begins again in Peabody).

The Feds wanted to meke sure that there were no "breaks" in the 'Major' interstates (#s ending in 0 or 5, such as I-90, I-95, I-5 out in CA,OR,WA,etc)

PS: Has ir really been "years" since the Rte 128 markers were removed from Canton-Braintree? I guess I never noticed that!

Going WAY back, does anyone remember when Rte 128 continued thru Braintree and Weymouth to the Current Rte 228 exit in Hingham/Rockland? Back then I believe Rte 228 was the continuation of Rte 128 off the highway..

-Paul Hopfgarten
Derry NH