Re: Traffic

On 5 Oct 99,  laurence@sprintmail.com wrote:

> Speaking of traffic confusion, everyone seems to have Route 128
> and I-93 confused.  Route 128 South legally ends at the I-95 split
> near the Amtrak station in Canton, and becomes I-93 North.

I discovered this a couple of years ago, while returning from court in
Brockton, coming up Route 24.  How was I to know that Route 128 North was
now called Route 93 South?  Apparently the Feds have decided that Route
128 must coincide with Interstate 95, so Route 128 ends at the point where
I-95 breaks off south.

Of course, the reason Route 128 was given Federal Interstate route numbers
was so as to get Federal highway money to maintain them.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                 617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                             lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503              http://world.std.com/~lawyer/