in memory of Ruth Clenott, and other news you need to know

I heard a very sad edition of Dave Maynard's normally frivolous "The Other
Side" on WBZ today, wherein he announced that his former producer, Ruth
Clenott, lost her battle with cancer on 14 September.  Now, given that Ruth
had been the producer of Community Auditions for over 25 years, and also
directed and co-ordinated numerous telethons and radiothons and the annual
Farmstand, wouldn't you think somebody on WBZ should have mentioned when
she died?  I don't recall hearing about it-- correct me if I missed it.

And speaking of things I missed, did you hear any news stories on WBZ radio
or TV about their new CEO, Sumner Redstone saying in China yesterday that
news reporters ought to cover the news but be careful not to offend the
governments of the countries where they are working?  Charming.  Just
charming.  I didn't hear any commentary about it on NBC or CNN or ABC
either-- and all of the CEOs of these companies were at that same economic
summit in China...   (But everybody was huffing and puffing about some
comments Jesse Ventura made about organised religion... now you tell me
which will affect my life more-- news being turned into non offensive
entertainment or the governor of Minnesota expressed his views in Playboy
magazine about right-wing fanaticism?)  Okay, rant-mode off.