Re: Gus Saunders Retires

At 07:28 AM 10/2/99 -0400, you wrote:
>According to a brief article in yesterday's(10/1) Boston Herald,Gus
>Saunders is retiring after 56 years in radio.His last "Yankee Kitchen"
>program aired yesterday on WROL in Boston and the other stations on the
>Carter Radio Network,where the show has aired for the last 22 years.Just
>curious if all his 56 years in radio were spent in Boston or New England?

Gus goes back to the days of the Yankee Network-- hence the name "Yankee
Kitchen"-- he used to be on WNAC with the late great Louise Morgan.  To my
knowledge, his entire career was in the greater Boston area, and he even
married within Boston radio-- his wife is a Poté-- the family that used to
own WMEX...