Re: Driving the calls (was: wrong call letters)

In a message dated 9/16/99 8:32:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
umar@nerodia.wcrb.com writes:

<< My colleagues at WCRB also used to get lots of calls from people telling
 us how much they loved our music and naming Robert J. Lurtsema as their
 favorite WCRB announcer, leaving us to wonder if they were actually
 listening at all; >>

and in a similar vein, the country station of record at 105.7 was also caught
up in confusion, and thus became  "WKLB", (from WCLB).

notwithstanding, a vast majority of the listeners have no idea what the
(WROR) call letters of a particular station to which they are listening
(WROR) actually are.    hence the (WROR) call letters whenever it's is (WROR)
possible.  and the (WROR) call letters are the only way a listener call
accurately tell Arbitron that they were, indeed, listening to WROR all day.
every day.  never turned it off.

- - -Chuck Igo