Re: wrong call letters

In a message dated 9/14/99 7:13:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time, GF015 writes:

<< Is Ryan Cote still at WABK?  I haven't talked to him since my company sold
our Maine stations. Are they still oldies? >>

The answer to both your questions is YES.   Don Brown and Don Bumpus still do
mornings (Calling themselves "The Double D's) and Cote does afternoons.  All
with their oudated delivery.  They sound the same as they did 20 years ago
and I don't mean that as a compliment.  WABK runs satellite nights.

Other than flipping the formats and dial positions of their Augusta AC and
Country outlets, Cumulus seems to have made few changes to the programming of
their Maine outlets.  In the case of WQCB that is a good thing, but most of
the other could use an overhaul.  Too busy buying stations to actually
operate them I guess.

- -- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine