Re: Barnacle's mini-shift

>Joe Ross wrote--
>
>WECB?  What's that?

Interestingly, WECB was on the air about a year before WERS-FM, from what I
have seen in the Emerson Archives.  WECB was and still is a carrier-current
AM, and I think it went on the air around 1948.   WERS-FM went on the air
in late 1949, so WECB started out as a place where you got your practice as
an announcer or singer or whatever....  Dave Maynard was on WECB before he
moved over to WERS  (he graduated from Emerson in 1951... and had been the
News Director for a while!).  Today, WECB still exists and still provides
different opportunties from those of WERS.  For a while, it was much more
top-40 hit oriented, for example.  I don't know if Jed Barton is still
lurking on this list, but he was the WECB Program Director several years
ago, the first blind person to attain such a position; he did a fine job
running the station, and doing an airshift too.