Jazz is not dead (was: Re: FM Talk 96.9 - Enough!)

At 8:58 AM -0400 9/8/99, Marc Lemay wrote:

>Am I disappointed about jazz being lost in Boston?  Yes and no.  Harvard
>Univ. has an outstanding jazz program in the AM, so does Emerson College.
>And, god forbid I listen to WMJX on Sunday mornings - the traitor that I am!
>(Sarcasim intended...)

If this is all the jazz you think is out there, you are forgetting that
WGBH is jazz from 7PM through (I think) 5 AM, and more on the weekends,
also WICN Worcester has jazz for the majority of the day.  So, I don't
think that jazz is dead at all, maybe just the NAC variety for a while.

- ---
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH