FM Talk 96.9 - Enough!

OK folks...not for nothing...but this thread is getting old and fast.

First off, where was this petition a few months back when the announcement
was made about FM talk coming to Boston?  Back when it MIGHT have made a
difference?

Secondly, why would a petition to save a low rated jazz station the day
before the format change make any bosses at Greater Media suddenly say
"Whoa!  We've got some major jazz fans out there...gee...lets re-neg on a
contract with Westwood One...send all the talk hosts home and keep this
format which is reaching a loyal but limited market!"

As a jazz fan - there is nothing we can do other than, to paraphrase one of
the hosts yesterday..."Buy the CD's"

As for Movieman - I applaud your efforts...but they're probably fruitless.
Simply put...Greater Media does not care about us - Greater Media (and other
radio station owners) care about the bottom line.  They're not in the
business to care...they're in the business to make money.  We just happen to
be along for the ride.  I'm sure Greater Media is a great place to
work...but from a listening point of view - they care about money.  Do I
blame them?  Not one bit.

Am I disappointed about jazz being lost in Boston?  Yes and no.  Harvard
Univ. has an outstanding jazz program in the AM, so does Emerson College.
And, god forbid I listen to WMJX on Sunday mornings - the traitor that I am!
(Sarcasim intended...)

Can we end the bickering?  Jazz is dead as a format in Boston.

(Besides...if we follow the track record of jazz radio in Boston - give it a
few years...another radio group will try its hands at jazz again...)

Marc Lemay