Re: T.S./H. Dennis Kicking Up Tropo

One of the best trop openings I experienced in the last several years was
when Hurricane Andrew bore down on South Florida.  The intensity of that
storm pushed up loads of signals from the Carolinas, Georgia and Alabama up
to New England, some were so strong that they overrode many local signals.
Hugo had a similar trop wave associated with it, but it didn't have the
intensity of the Andrew generated trop.  If the hurricane season remains
active, we could be in for a few more DX days ahead.

Mike Thomas
WXLO & Mediabase 24/7