Re: Wide-open FM reception in CT

I was getting some heavier than usual trop in Worcester Friday night, just
before I went on at WXLO.  Lord knows who was listening that night.  XLO's
signal covers a good distance normally.  My guess is that Maine and parts of
Canada may have picked up my show.  In the WXLO parking lot in downtown
Worcester, I was getting virtally all the Connecticut and Rhode Island FM's
along with Cape Cod as well.  In fact, WZMX-Hartford completly overrode
WQSX-Lawrence on 93.7.  Other signal "duels" of note--WPLM-FM-Plymouth and
WPLR-New Haven on 99.1, WOKQ-Dover and WALK-Patchauge NY on 97.5 and
WQLL-Manchester and WTIC-FM-Hartford on 96.5.  It was one of those nights I
could have spent all night DXing if I could have.

Mike Thomas
WXLO & Mediabase 24/7