Re: Have you heard more about this???

At 01:11 PM 9/7/99 -0400, Garrett Wollman wrote:
>Mel the Billionaire doesn't own a controlling interest in CBS -- but
>yes, CBS is being sold to Viacom.  (In three years, Redstone will step
>down and Mel will take over as chairman.)  This will put channel 38
>into duopoly with channel 4.  (Hopefully it will also mean an end to
>UPN.)
>
>I can't see Sumner (Redstone) stepping down for anyone.  He's too much of
>a hands-on person.  More likely, he'll drive Mel the Billionaire
>absolutely nuts and he'll walk.  Ask Wayne H. who founded Blockbuster
>about working for Sumner.

Brian Vita, President
Cinema Service & Supply, Inc.
75 Walnut St.
Peabody, MA  01960-5626  USA
Sales & Service ->(800)231-8849 US & Canada
Sales & Service Fax ->(800)329-2775
Business Office -> (978)538-7575
Business Fax -> (978)538-7550

***Visit Our Web Site at www.cssinc.com***
Check out our new online webstore for cinema supplies!
CSS, Inc. is a proud member of ITEA & NSCA