Info. on Chuck Knapp

        The article I mentioned earlier at www.radiodigest.com, by Bob
Berglund, says that Chuck Knapp left his 15-year job as PD and morning guy
at KSTP-FM in 1994 to become the local coordinator for the Promise Keepers
organization and that he currently does mornings playing Christian music on
KTIS, licensed to Northwest Bible College. That's the station where,
according to this article, Billy Graham got his radio start 50 years ago.
KTIS (on 900) used to be a daytimer. I assume it has some night power now
and, more important, they have an FM at 98.5.

        Before switching to KSTP-FM, Knapp was the morning guy on KSTP
(AM), when it was still doing top 40/AC in the mid-70s. He was there when I
landed in Minneapolis in 1975, so he's been doing mornings in the Twin
Cities now for at least around 24 years. It was such a trip to hear him
again when I moved there that I actually called up like a doofus radio nut
and told him how I used to listen to him on WRKO, blah, blah, blah. He was
very nice about it. Now I hope he's still on KTIS the next time I get out
there so I can hear him doing his current gig. But I'll bet he doesn't play
Wooly Bully anymore <g>.