Re: tv sale speculation

At 08:24 PM 8/30/99 -0400, Bill O'Neill wondered:

>Slightly off-string, is it only in smaller markets where one may
>witness local radio simulcasting local TV newscast audio?  The summer
>travels revealed that to be somewhat common (not the norm) but
>riveting listening, almost like evesdropping on a TV feed (87.55 comes
>to mind/Ch 6).

To me this sounds very cheesy and small-market.  First, most tv newscasts
are a little too laid-back presentationally to work on radio, and second
actualities sound really odd....without the video portion a lot of times
it's hard to tell what's going on...correspondent interspersed with long
pauses where you hear nothing but surf or helicopter noises, etc.

I suppose stations do it as a way to get a half-hour evening newscast on
the cheap, but it also sounds like it was done on the cheap.