Re: tv sale speculation

Kevin Vahey writes:
> I have heard some rumors floating out of 30 Rock that NBC is looking
at PAX
> to carry MSNBC, which has been having problems signing deals with
some major
> cable outfits.
>
> MediaOne comes to mind in this area

Scratching my head wondering why no one thought of that sooner!  As
for the news channels, I am spending a LOT more time liting upon
FoxNews, CNBC, CNN, and even the Wx Ch.  Esp. as weather gets wierd,
reruns on the big 'uns prevail, etc.  Bring on MSNBC, I say!  And the
way the impending, big, fall line up is looking, look for spare
batteries for the clicker to be at the ready in the side-table drawer.
There should be decent AAA and AA battery sales this fall <yawn>.

Slightly off-string, is it only in smaller markets where one may
witness local radio simulcasting local TV newscast audio?  The summer
travels revealed that to be somewhat common (not the norm) but
riveting listening, almost like evesdropping on a TV feed (87.55 comes
to mind/Ch 6).

Maybe I am just getting...old, but if radio or TV fails to tell me
something I don't already know and simply tries to entertain me....
waiter, check please.

Bill O'Neill