Re: The fate of talk....

Of COURSE Cellucci & Blute got a break.  They're Republicans.  The two
local talk show hosts in this town that have any listeners--Carr &
Brudnoy, lean conservative.  Down the line, they may need the "connection"
to the Governors office, and lambasting these boneheads day in and day out
doesn't fit in with their agenda.  I guarantee that if  Cellucci and Blute
were Democrats, we'd be hearing about this issue for days on end, with
lots of clamoring for Cellucci's resignation.  So much for objectivity.

As far as talk is concerned, local talk seems to be making a comeback in
other major markets.  WABC has been doing better as of late, and KABC in
LA has reinvented itself with a new local lineup.  However, the hosts are
younger and the topics are more varied, ranging from politics to
lifestyle.  I think pure political talk has run it's course and that
listeners want more from their talk station than just "Liberals Suck."

Mike Thomas
WXLO & Mediabase 24/7