Re: Thanks for the 3 extra presets

GOOD LUCK!!

Delco radios are almost impossible to service.
Especially panel switches. They tend to place them
under a cover which has to be removed, and even have
been known to seal the switches. I had to replace a bad
memory switch in my parents electronic delco car stereo and
it took me literally three days just to get to the switches
and replace them. You may clean it and find the switch is
bad too and needs replacing. Just to forwarn you

~M

> My guess is the switch contacts in the radio are dirty.  You should
> getsome tuner cleaner at radio Shack, take the radio out of the car and
> open it up.  Locate the switch and spray some of the tuner cleaner (use it
> sparingly - in short bursts) directly into the openings of the switch.
> Spray once and work the switch a few times.  Then spray again a second
> time and work it again.  Let it soak for a few.  Plug the radio in and
> turn it on and see if this works.
>

> --
> Sven F. Weil
> e-mail: sven@lily.org
> World Wide Web: http://www.lily.org/~sven
>

> On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, John Bolduc wrote:
>

> > Thanks to everyone who pointed out how to get 7 instead of 4 presets per band on
> > my Delco.
> >

> > Does anyone know how exactly the AM wide/narrow band function works. Well I turn
> > the radio on the AM band is usually in wideband mode. If I depress the AM-Stereo
> > an unpredictable number of times, the radio goes into AM narrow band mode, which
> > is great for DXing. I just not sure that pressing the button from once up to a
> > dozen times until narrow band kicks in is the way to do it.
> >

> > <toot>
> > While I'm here, I'd like to toot my radio junkie horn. After updating and
> > reconciling my radio logs, I surpassed the 1,000 mark for AM/FM/TV broadcast
> > stations logged (home based) for USA/Canada.  Best I can figure is CKOI (C'est
> > Quoi / That's It) 96.9 in Quebec was my 1,000th. (6/26/99).  Actually I'm up to
> > 1018 with the nice opening last night. My last logging being 102.7 from "
> > Narragansett Pier", Kingston et al RI.
> >
> > </toot>
> >
> > John
> > Nutfield NH