Re: 96.9 testing...123

>Talk radio as a format peaked about 4 years ago.

Maybe that's because there is *more* talk on the air now than ever before.
More stations doing talk = smaller numbers for each station.

Talk radio has 'peaked' and ebbed a number of times.  It's the longest
lasting format of them all.  Who's to say that it won't 'peak' again?

> Billing at a majority of
>the talk stations nationwide is down from a few years ago.

Post your source.

> Rush's numbers
>are down and he's losing affiliates...

He's in every major market.

> Stern's down,

Who cares.

> Gene Burns, talented as
>he is, doesn't have the name recognition in Boston outside of this list

Oh really?  I disagree.

> and
>his numbers at HDH (or was it RKO) were going down as he left.

It was 'RKO and I believe you're mistaken.

> I think,
>just as they did with country a while back (flipping WCDJ for WBCS
>country), GM has jumped into the race far too late.

The question is...and has always been...

        Can they make more money with "Talk 96.9"...or with "Smooth Jazz
96.9".

Time will tell.

But let's face it 96.9 was a 'bottom feeder', not doing well enough to
substantiate it's pricetag.
(Under Jazz format, ownership coulda put the money they paid for 96.9 in the
BANK and made more on their investment...prbably 2 mill guarenteed..with
little or no risk.)

>>Honestly, I am surprised at the level of sarcasm on this list.  Just 6
>>months ago people were crabbing about RKO not having any competition.
Now