Listener-supported _commercial_ stations

I gather that Canada allows such stations. I'm listening
to CJRT-FM 91.1 from Toronto via the Real Networks G-2
player. I just heard a station break in which they IDed
as Toronto's listener-supported classical and jazz
station. I'm pretty sure that I have heard commercials,
though not many. Kind of reminds me of the CBC in the
40s. It wasn't listener supported; it was government
supported, but I believe that there were a small number
of commercial programs--including some that originated
on US networks.