Re: What Donna said

What Mark said about what Donna said:
>    On my Norfolk,Virginia trip last week I was getting WBZ loud and
clear
> on the Dodge Caravan factory radio as early as 8:30PM.During the day
I was
> getting a religious station on 1030,wasn't local,but still a
listenable
> signal in the Norfolk area and on the Eastern Shore of Virginia into
> Maryland during the day.I would guess the 50KW DA-D on 1030 from
North
> Carolina must null to the Northeast to protect WBZ,so that couldn't
have
> been what I was hearing.I never heard any legal ID the times I tuned
> in,,just non stop gospel music and religious preachings.
>
> Mark Watson

On the humble Delco radio in the Chevy Astro, WBZ was like a local
after sunset in Columbus, OH, Ashland, KY, Cumberland, MD, and up and
down 81 in PA.  It seemed to get tough in Hartford, CT.  If you listen
to a station by skywave then get in closer to its local service area,
is there some sort of phase cancellation or thingamajic whoozit that
fargles the bendix spring?  Curious, for starters....

Bill O'Neill