WTIC studios moving

        One of the local program hosts said on Sunday that the changeover
to origination from the new WTIC studios in Farmington will be at 4 a.m.
Monday--for the DX/possible?historic?or just obscure?moments? subgroup
here. That is, people like me. And since they've thoughtfully scheduled it
for nighttime, just about anyone within the sound of my newsgroup post,
except those in the immediate Baltimore area, could listen <g>.

        And, an added obscure historical footnote: The host, Glenn
Colligan, said that this will be the fifth studio location for WTIC since
it signed on in 1925. The first, and short-lived, which I had forgotten
about, was on Grove Street in downtown Hartford. All the others, of course,
also were in downtown Hartford--Travelers Tower (which still had the
long-wire antenna on the roof as a backup well after the site was moved to
Avon around 1929-30); Broadcast House next door at Constitution Plaza
(constructed for the radio and channel 3 TV in the '50s); and the current
location, 19th floor of the "Gold Building," across the street from
Travelers, where the station moved in the 1970s when the TV and radio were
sold off separately.

Have you patronized the skywave signal of an AM Class A station today?