Re: WCAP & the Lock Monsters Renew

Mark Watson writes:
> wonder if this had any bearing in the change of announcers for
WCAP's
> coverage this season,or if Maurice Cohen insisted that people from
the
> station payroll (Kevin Dunn,PD/morning host) be involved,and unlike
the
> Spinners,the Lock Monsters agreed? I believe last season's
announcer,Randy
> Shimanski(sp?) was on the Lock Monster's payroll as director of
media
> relations.Just curious if he's no longer with the organization or if
he
> requested to be taken off the PBP duties.

Nope.  Got from a reliable source that Randy had tendered his
resignation with the team not long ago.  The team and WCAP had
maintained a good off-season relationship.  Dunn remained eager to do
what he loves - to call sports, as he had in Maine with the Seadogs -
and, unlike with the Spinners, he got the nod.  They'll be deciding
what will happen with the morning show, soon but it will remain local
news/talk.

Bill O'Neill