Re: WCAP & the Lock Monsters Renew

   Donna Halper wrote:

> Regarding the Lock Monsters renewing, I thought Fred Cusick was still
> involved with doing their games-- I had lunch with him several weeks ago
> and he seemed to think he was still involved... perhaps now that they
have
> changed affiliations away from the Bruins, somebody else will be working
> the games instead of Fred?

   The Lock Monsters were never affiliated with the Bruins.Last
season(their first in existance) they were affilated solely with the New
York Islanders.During the off season it was announced that the Lock
Monsters will be affiliated with the Los Angeles Kings as well as the
Islanders for the next 2 seasons IIRC,then it will become an exclusive
affiliation with the Kings,and the Islanders will no longer be involved.I
wonder if this had any bearing in the change of announcers for WCAP's
coverage this season,or if Maurice Cohen insisted that people from the
station payroll (Kevin Dunn,PD/morning host) be involved,and unlike the
Spinners,the Lock Monsters agreed? I believe last season's announcer,Randy
Shimanski(sp?) was on the Lock Monster's payroll as director of media
relations.Just curious if he's no longer with the organization or if he
requested to be taken off the PBP duties.

Mark Watson