Re: WNHQ sold

On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, Mike Thomas wrote:

> As far as the simulcast is concerned, it will probably be a raw feed of WFNX
> with localized stopsets, which can be fired from Boston.  Since it's a
> simulcast of 101.7 in Lynn, I doubt there will be too many references to the
> 92.1 dial location.  Maybe someone near Sanford, ME can clarify how WPHX
> handles station imaging/ID's.

On *our* network feed (not used by WCRB but used both on WFCC and WCRI) we
leave a 4-second hole after every piece of music for the call letters and
dial position, and then a 10-second hole at the top of the hour for the
legal ID.

You can hear the raw feed (sans any ID at all) on broadcastmusic.com.

Rob Landry
umar@nerodia.wcrb.com