Re: WNHQ sold

On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, Eric Jacobs wrote:

> Does anyone know how simulcasting on the same frequency is done? What
> about the time delay from 92.1 Sanford.ME?

It's done with T1 lines, digital STLs and digital exciters; both stations
are "frequency locked" to avoid time delay problems and thus minimize the
interference between the two co-channel stations.  Harris/Intraplex has
published a white paper on the subject; it was mentioned in a recent issue
of Radio World.

Incidentally, the acquisition marks a return to the modern rock format on
this station.  I remember the homegrown modern rock format on WMDK-A/F
quite well; it was so depressing to hear the transition to satellite AC.
The sale to the Phoenix was rumored in this forum weeks ago.

Take care,

Chris