Formats (was: imus to land on wsjz)

> I had asked that question before.
>
> NAC is "New Adult Contemporary"
>
> Paul Hopfgarten
> Derry NH

Paul - Thanks.

Curious. What would a format be called (now) that essentially mirrors
the Soft AC playlist of the 80s a la WSSH or WMJX (of that time) if it
were to be replicated today, with emphasis away from 90s?   While
traveling, I did hear a station (forget which) that sounded like a
flashback to what WSSH (99.5 Lowell) sounded like at around 1988 or
so, with not much newer, but staying away from the museum pieces and
the Manilows, Carpenters, etc.  Kind of struck me as odd since I'd not
heard such a mix in a long time that wasn't also complemented with
some 90s singles within that same "sound."

There were no "70s & 80s" image liners, either.  I have mixed feelings
about liners like that (pardon the pun) which remind you that the
sound is from a time when you weighed less and got more.  The day
something from the mid 80s is called "oldies," I will pick myself up
off the shuffleboard and order up more Postum with lime and head for
the dog track in my Crown Vic with "Remember!" <shout> 'Start Me Up'
Rolling Stones on the car radio.

Bill O'Neill