- -----Original Message-----
From:	owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
[mailto:owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org] On Behalf Of Bill
O'Neill
Sent:	Thursday, August 12, 1999 5:30 PM
To:	Boston Radio; Brian Vita
Subject:	Re: imus to land on wsjz

Brian writes:
> In other markets NAC (smooth jazz) has done well but if you listen
to the
> stations (by internet or in person) you don't get a constant feeding
of
> Madonna, Janet Jackson and Kenny G. once an hour.

I wonder what the result would be in Boston if a commercial station
committed to a bonafide jazz sound, discarding the AC crossovers,
featuring some live sessions, studio drops, etc.  Couple that with a
news overlay in the style WCRB or WBUR and a business news committment
at the close.  I suppose I'd be on a short list of appreciative
listeners.

By the way, NAC stands for...?

Bill O'Neill