Re: imus to land on wsjz

In a message dated 8/12/99 9:04:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mmkc@email.msn.com writes:

<< I feel for one person in particular...Ed Cheribino.
 As some of us have experienced...a format change stinks...sticking through
 the endless format changes from WISH to the Jazz Format to the freq. change,
 Ed Cheribino has been great throughout.  I'm sure he'll land on his
 feet...but its gotta be disappointing.

 Any word on the change date? >>

last question first.... 23 Aug for Imus... whatever will develop will follow
in september.

re:  Ed, Jesse, Jackie, Hillary and my very good friend Mr. Chuck Monroe...
they've all been through the mill one too many times.  one was mentioning
getting out of the business.  another had given notice prior to any inkling
that wsjz might be getting the boot.  and the other three have ridden out
changes too numerous to mention (be it from wssh to ???  or wjib to ???....
country, soft rock, jazz, oldies... )  As a working radio stiff who "should
expect this stuff... it's the nature of the biz... yadayadayada..."  i thank
you, Mark, for expressing some sort of feeling for these professionals who
are being displaced.  you are, so far, in the past few threads regarding
this, the only one.  thank you again.  and i shall make sure Ed sees your
kind thoughts...  i'd like to think that there's enough room in the greater
boston radio ranch that these very nice, and extremely talented individuals,
will not be eased out.

chuck igo