Re: in the darkness of the Maine seacoast

> well, yeah... if you count 1440, WJAB.  get outside of an eight or nine
mile
> radius of that little stick next to exit 8 of the (always backed up) maine
> turnpike,

Back in the mid 80's when I was working in Chicago, I was scanning one night
and heard Ken Coleman clear as a bell..and wondered where on earth I was
getting it from.... it was from Westbrook-Portland ( I almost drove off of
Lake Shore Drive when I heard the ID)

then you are indeed at the mercy of catching a night skip from
> WTIC. or at least days, you can grab the nifty 850.
> and i may be just missing them while flipping through trying to find them,
> but i don't know if either of those portsmouth stations are carrying...
> of course, two hours in the car... and the sox.  masochism?  or loyalty?

 Seacoast area the Sox are on whatever 930 is calling itself these days
(simulcasting WGIR out of Manchester)...I m not even sure 1380 exists
now....but at least as far as Portsmouth WEEI is fine.

Just getting back to the Sox network.....the late Jane Day at WPLM took the
old WHDH - WMEX - WITS Sox network and closed up every single hole in New
England...and I know for a fact that WPLM staffers drove thru the boonies to
make sure you could hear the games ANYWHERE in New England day or
night....now holes exist even in Metro West at night, never mind southern
Maine.