WSBS

I was in Great Barrington, Mass earlier today and I visited my friend at WSBS. Found out something interesting. They are running at reduced power and operating daytime only. Is this legal? According to the FCC Database they have authority on all three time zones (Daytime, Nighttime, Crit Hours). It would be nice to see this local put out its full 2.7kw! Seeing how clear the signal comes in Hartford area (some 40 miles away) at 200watts, imagine it at 2.7kw! But I know for FM the station is supposed to be operating at, at least 90% of its issued power unless under certain circumstances.But I havent looked up the AM side to see what the FCC's rules are on this. I wonder if WSBS has been given a special waiver. Or maybe im just confused about all of this.

~M

Get your own free email account from
http://www.wjbq.com