Re: AP consumes UPI

As well, I would add that while everyone makes mistakes and wire services
have never been considered "the gospel", I have caught AP wrong on so many
things over the years. Misquoting people, generalizing specifics, etc. and AP
never runs a retraction on anything they print that may have been false,
which makes one wonder if this is such a good idea.

In a message dated 8/7/99 12:36:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,