WEEI's spots leaving town?

> I heard it today.  Did you? Its the sound of WEEI's billing for August.
> I flipped on to WEEI to hear the last hour of Imus.  Almost every spot
> that ran in that hour was a station promo, or solicitations to buy
> airtime.  This is not good, considering the station just went up a point
> and a half in the ratings.  Also, the fact that WEEI is STILL looking
> for clients for the Red Sox Radio Network  is amazing.  The team is in
> the wild card chase, the games are a major reason that the ratings went
> up, and they can't sell time??  Will the last client that pulls their
> advertising from WEEI please turn out the lights?

WEEI running heavy promos in MORNING DRIVE???  Wow!!

Isn't WEEI on 850kHz. with 50,000 watts? If they're like I remember
WRKO, they barely cover the metro due to being very directional. Great
signal within their signal contour, but not a huge NE regional coverage.
It's
like putting a 180 pound woman in a size 5 shoe.

Don't know about the Red Sox, but my station here in NE Ohio had a
heck of a time selling the Indians up to 1995. The team had been awful
the previous 35 years. Oh, we ran about 50-60% sold out, but some
creative rate-structures and loads of game tickets were used as a bribe
back then.    Since '95, we've run 95-100% sold out for the entire
season...
..a couple seasons 100% sold out by Thanksgiving for the next season!
Being in the post season for a number of years does that. I'm going to
enjoy it while it lasts!