Re: WBZ's On-Air Glitches

At 05:16 PM 7/29/99 -0400, Roger Kirk wrote:
>Has WBZ  installed a software update in their
>Scott system?
>

>How long do you suppose management will
>tolerate an obviously sub-par system like
>this?  It just makes everyone look bad.

Scott Studios is notorious for buggy software upgrades.  We use the Scott
system at our stations, and are intentionally running software that is
several revs old.  We've gotten burnt too many times with upgrades that
contain new undocumented "features".  Alas, the version we run is only
semi-Y2k compliant...we'll have to upgrade soon.  Wish us luck.