Re: WRKO's signal

- --- "Martin J. Waters" <mwaters@mail.wesleyan.edu>
wrote:

>         Try Pep Boys. I hear they now have RF
> suppression ignition wires
> for the Boeing 747 <g>.

Speaking of that, I was thinking of trying a different
type of wires in my 97 Subaru Impreza.

I find that there is quite a bit of ignition noise on
the AM band.  This goes away whenever I change the
spark plugs, but comes back within 3 to 5 thousand
miles.  Platinum plugs seem to make no difference.  I
have a filter on the DC line to the radio, which helps
somewhat, but is not a solution.  I have replaced the
wires once, but they were still the factory (carbon
conductor) type, things were still noisy after that.

I wonder if anyone here has tried the type of wires
where a solid resistive conductor is wrapped around a
silicone core, and if so what effects (if any?) were
observed on RF noise.

TIA for your help.

===
Larry Weil