Re: Phil Spector

In a message dated 7/26/99 1:08:35 PM Central Daylight Time,
DMcElvein@aol.com writes:

<< If you look at pictures from those days of studio control rooms you'll
 usually see a small speaker (about the size of a car speaker) that was used
 to give engineers and idea of what things would sound like in your Chevy.  >>

As a Production Director, I ALWAYS use a small, mono mixed speaker to preview
the final mix of any promo or spot I produce. It may sound huge through my
NS-10's... but I want it to sound good through the tiny speaker on the clock
radio, too. I can't tell you the number of times I was forced to remix a
station promo due to the fact that the panned voice over and effects got lost
in the mix when played back in mono.

Rob Walker
Program Director
KLAL FM/Little Rock