Re: JFK Missing -- Coverage

In a message dated 7/18/99 8:38:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
brian_vita@cssinc.com writes:

<<   The news stories make no reference of Kennedy having an instrument
 rating meaning that he was only trained to fly VFR (Visual Flight
 Rules). >>

actually, having been stuck in horrendous traffic all the way back to
portland (four hours, including waiting for  a gallon of gas to get me off
the turnpike...stoopid, stoopid chuckie...), every.... i repeat, every aspect
of the flying capabilities included that he was NOT rated for IFR.  that he
was indeed VFR only.
trust me when i say, i heard it all... the dan rather & crew tv version, and
then two plus hours of the ABC radio crew.

but not being a pilot, let me say your comments make perfect sense to one who
often wonders how much easier it would be to get to work if i could fly.

chuck