Re: JFK Missing -- Coverage

You my be right: I certainly have a bias.  That said, I've always like JFK
Jr.  He seemed like a good guy with his feet on the ground and he seems to
have avoided inheriting the negative traits that some of his family members
illustrate.

I wonder is Mrs. Reagan or Mrs. Bush were missing if we would have seen the
same coverage.  You are probably right.  My point is that the coverage of
this event was simply because JFK Jr. is such a big celebrity, not because of
anything he has accomplished or contributed.

As for this being the biggest story of the year.  That comment shows you have
bought the celebrity culture entirely.  Without giving it much thought, I
would say that Kosov, Columbine, The trail of the President, even Hillary's
Senate run are bigger stories.

Dan Billings
Bowdoinham, Maine

In a message dated 7/17/99 10:45:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,