memories of WAAB

I found an amusing clipping from the fall of 1942 today-- it said that WAAB
had been dark for several months, but was being allowed by the FCC to go
back on the air just to air the World Series, after which it would have to
be dark again till its new studios in Worcester were finally completed.  Do
any of you recall any other times, including more recently, when a station
was dark, came back on temporarily, and then went dark again?  I can recall
stations going dark and then coming back on under new ownership, but I was
trying to think of a situation where a station went on, went off, went back
on-- all with the same ownership in a relatively brief period of time...