Re: WKRP

Ah.. Element nine..

 Q: If the plates of the final tubes of a power amplifier are glowing a
slight red under continuous modulation,      this indicates:

1. Too high VSWR
2, that the final amplifier tank circuit is misadjusted
3. saturation of high frequencies
4. normal operation

Of course, the sneaky folks at the Funny Candy company put in elements of
possible truth in ans.
1 and 2,  three is obviously a bogus answer... the correct one is 4.
Dip the plate.. and peak the grid, folks... hehhhee

Re: Marti.tubes/vs silicon.... yes.. its long been my contention (although
my hi freq response in ears is fading fast)
that a properly designed and neutralized tube rig sounds better than
chips.

 Some thing called headroom....

But with much of today's music .. which consists of square and triangle
waveforms, with added distortion  thrown in (fuzzbox), its hard to tell
the diff...

73

Jay