RE: WROL sold? and WJIB, WEEI

Kevin Vahey writes:
>Maybe I missed something, but Bernie Corbett who has the BU Hockey (and
>now Harvard football ) package is telling people he is looking for a new
>outlet in Boston to replace WROL as they have been sold.

A Catholic radio group bought out Carter's six New England radio stations
earlier this week. (There was mention of this in the Globe's radio and TV
page
Saturday, I think. (I can't remember the day.) Supposedly, they're also
talking
to Raybo to host a show for them.)

It's the end of an era in Boston broadcasting. The Irish programming they
had
definitely had a big following for three decades and made them some decent
money. And Bernie Corbett is going to have a hard time finding an outlet to
replace for those games since every other station in the city is brokered
time
or won't break their format for BU sports.

Comments?

Sean Smyth
Sports editor, Community Newspaper Co.
9 Meriam Street