"Herb Tarleck" types a vanishing breed in sales these days

- ----------
> From: Dib9@aol.com
> To: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
> Subject: WKRP Marathon on Nick at Nite
> Date: Tuesday, July 06, 1999 12:17 AM
>
> Love the show.  I know so many sales people just like Herb Tarleck.
Still
> looking for a receptionist that looks like Jennifer...

I was still a jock when WKRP in Cincinnati was first on the air.
Seemed like all radio salespeople were like Herb back then. In
fact, since I'm nothing like Herb Tarleck, it kept me from getting
off the air into radio sales.

But, eventually when I did get into sales (in '83) and even more
so since then I found the Herb Tarleck's just don't make it
in sales these days.

(also, I never realized how easy being a jock was until I got
into sales! Yeah...you make a lot more money, but you do
earn it!).

TD/Akron, Ohio