Re: NorthEast Radio Watch Special: Adieu, CBL

- ----------
> From: Dennis Jackson <dj@Wilton-CT.com>
> To: fybush@world.std.com; nerw@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu
> Cc: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
> Subject: Re: NorthEast Radio Watch Special: Adieu, CBL
> Date: Sunday, June 27, 1999 12:00 PM
>

> Congratulations on a tome beautifully crafted.  Only a true-hearted
> radio man could paint such poignant word pictures.   Adieu indeed.
>
> 73 de dj

I agree with Dennis...nice job Scott.

While I didn't listen to CBL daily, it was a station I tuned in to
often. Here in northeastern Ohio CBL was a regular, especially
in the daytime. It came in well on my car radio too. It's sad the
CBC didn't leave CBL on for the "outlying" areas beyond the local
FM. Even with a series of smaller FMs and translators, there's
no way FMs can equal CBL/740's potential audience, coverage-wise.
They could've simulcasted  the FM on CBL and promote both AM & FM
coverage on the air.  I guess that's too logical, huh?

TIm/Norton, Ohio