Re: a letter I got....

That Time'' originates from CBR
> in Calgary, if I'm not mistaken.  If you had listened to CBL on its
> last night, as I did, that's what you would have heard before the
> station was killed.

  That Time now originates in St Johns', Newfoundland and was indeed the
last program heard on CBL before the loop came on.

  You would think that the CBC could have lobbied to keep either CBM or CBL
running, not so much for the US audience lost, but there has to be plenty of
remote areas that don't have FM coverage. CIQC in stories in the Gazette and
elsewhere, plans to make the station into a WBZ of Montreal, news by day,
talk at night ( they have the Expos, assuming Montreal keeps them, have made
a bid to get the Habs back from CJAD)...question that remains is what kind
of talk? Right now they run Art Bell at night.

Got a fax from WRKO/WEEI yesterday that says that they have notified their
consulting engineers about CKVL's move, to see if indeed they can improve
things at night. I really doubt that anyone would bother to go after either
850 or 600, so roughly a year from now WEEI will be in better shape at night
without doing anything.

Interesting battle on 800 tonight, the Lowell Spinners, the Pittsfield Mets,
the Montreal Allouetts and the Winnipeg BlueBombers were all on the field at
the same time :)