Re: Boston Radio in the 1957

On 19 Jun 99,  Donna Halper wrote:

> Marty wrote--
>
>         >And the same source gives a start date for WHDH-TV of November
>         26,
> >1957, to be exact.
>
> Umm,  actually the 27th, according to Variety.  There had been a week's
> worth of bad weather, which postponed the actual start-- WHDH-TV had
> originally scheduled the opening one week earlier, but weather-related
> transmitter problems delayed  it.

I remember that.  But it seems to me that it was a day or two before
Thanksgiving, and the 27th seems a bit late for that.  I'll try to
remember to check the date when I get into the office, where I have some
calendar charts.

It also seems to me that the start was delayed more than a week.  I seem
to recall that it was a matter of weather preventing anyone from going up
to the top of the tower to connect the antenna.

 A.Joseph Ross, J.D.                                 617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                             lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503              http://world.std.com/~lawyer/