Thanks Jibguy

Bob, thank you for going silent tonight (tomorrow as well?)

I just posted this on the Bruins list.... sums up how I feel

to bruins@argo.hks.com

CBL Radio in Toronto (740 AM) will leave the air tonight at Midnight
forever.

What the heck does this have to do with hockey you may ask?  Ask anyone who
lives in Canada.

CBL along with CBM (AM 940) in Montreal were the flagships of Hockey Night
in Canada. From their transmitters the voices of Foster Hewitt and Danny
Gallivan brought the game of hockey every Saturday night to millions on both
sides of the border. Both stations were the strongest in Canada, 50,000
watts clear channel and CBM could be heard as far south as Florida at night.
CBM went silent a month ago. The CBC has decided to scap AM completly and
just broadcast on FM.

Both stations are a happy memory, and I can remember being very young and
wondering what a gondola was.

Thanks Foster and Dan, for bringing the game alive to me.