Re: Boston Network Radio Affiliations: 1950's and 1960's.

On 16 Jun 99,  Kevin Vahey wrote:

> That was a big deal where I grew up........kids hated WMEX as we had
> problems getting them at night, compared to WCOP
> (this was North Cambridge)...at Porter Sq, you could ( and still can) see
> the WCOP transmitter lights if you look down the train tracks.

Yeah.  I lived in Bedford, and we got a strong signal from WCOP.  But WMEX
was such a cool-sounding station that a lot of kids listened to it despite
the reception problems.  I used to listen to it only on Sunday night, when
Arnie Ginsberg played oldies.  It was only after WCOP shifted that I
started listening to WMEX a lot.  Especially when I discovered that WCOP's
"Ed Mitchell" was now "Fenway" on WMEX, complete with his sidekick, Bruno.

 A.Joseph Ross, J.D.                                 617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                             lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503              http://world.std.com/~lawyer/