Re: when did WBZ drop NBC?

On 15 Jun 99,  Donna Halper wrote:

> I believe some NBC programming went over to WNAC in 1957-8, but I know it
> didn't remain there.

I think it was in 1956 or so, judging from the Monitor broadcast that I
mentioned hearing while I was in Albany.  I think that WEZE became the NBC
affiliate by 1958 or 59.  So WNAC was the NBC affiliate, but only for a
couple of years.

I do remember, probably in the winter of 1957-58, visiting a neighbor who
had an FM radio before I got mine in December 1958.  I remember that he
turned on WNAC-FM and we listened to George Goble and Duffy's Tavern as
features on "Monitor."  I'm pretty sure WEZE had taken over NBC by the
time I got my FM radio in December 1958.

 A.Joseph Ross, J.D.                                 617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                             lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503              http://world.std.com/~lawyer/