when did WBZ drop NBC?

In August of 1956, all of the Westinghouse radio stations announced they
were terminating their relationship with NBC, not just WBZ.  Variety noted
that NBC tried to delay the actual date of termination, as they scrambled
to pick up new affiliates in Boston, Pittsburgh, etc.  But WBZ, as I
surmised,  began doing their own programming as of October 1956.  (They
picked up ABC to get Paul Harvey, around 1980, as I recall, but that's
another story... or perhaps that's the Rest of the Story...)

I believe some NBC programming went over to WNAC in 1957-8, but I know it
didn't remain there.